Ardour 3

Hi all,

I know Ardour3’s not supposed to be used, but if somebody can take take 5 minutes to explain why get this error when try to build (Ardour 2 builds ok) it will be appreciate, I really don’t understand what to do :frowning: Here are the last lines of build :

g++ -o libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.os -c -Woverloaded-virtual -DGTK_NEW_TOOLTIP_API -DGLIBMM_DEFAULT_SIGNAL_HANDLERS_ENABLED -DGLIBMM_PROPERTIES_ENABLED -DGLIBMM_EXCEPTIONS_ENABLED -DHAVE_SLV2 -O0 -g -DARCH_X86 -msse -mfpmath=sse -DUSE_XMMINTRIN -DBUILD_SSE_OPTIMIZATIONS -Wall -DWITH_JACK_MIDI -Ilibs -DENABLE_NLS -fPIC -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -Ilibs/sigc++2 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -Ilibs/glibmm2/glib -Ilibs/gtkmm2/atk -I/usr/include/freetype2 -Ilibs/cairomm -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -Ilibs/gtkmm2/pango -Ilibs/gtkmm2/gtk -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/gtk-unix-print-2.0 -Ilibs/gtkmm2/gdk -I/usr/include/directfb libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.cc
libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.cc: In member function ‘void Gtk::Toolbar::set_orientation(Gtk::Orientation)’:
libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.cc:522: error: ‘gtk_toolbar_set_orientation’ was not declared in this scope
libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.cc: In member function ‘Gtk::Orientation Gtk::Toolbar::get_orientation() const’:
libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.cc:527: error: ‘gtk_toolbar_get_orientation’ was not declared in this scope
scons: *** [libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.os] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
f@f:~/3.0$

Thanks !

Well,

Get your message men, and appreciate the time you spend for replying.

Sorry, have forget to search before ask, because really don’t understand what was read and “believe the hype of build”, next time if there is one, I will search, as I used to do this last year…

Hum, webmaster, is it a way to erase the useless noise made with this topic, please ?

Anyway, thanks for the tips Peder and Seablade, I’ll search on the right top of this page more often, and maybe use ./waf if try again to build Ardour3 !!

stratojaune-

If you can’t understand that error message, you shouldn’t be building A3. It is a pretty simple error message, though the solution might not be, understanding it shouldn’t be difficult.

Now to answer your question, problem number 1, you are using scons. Don’t. It won’t work. It is no longer updated to support A3’s build and will be removed here before long most likely.

Seablade

Before you post a question about something that, at this point in time, is totally unsupported please take 5 minutes and use the search function at the top of this page. gtk_toolbar_get_orientation is a good search word.

…and just when we thought RTFM posts were gone. :wink: