session sample rate conversion tool

3 replies [Last post]
jwm
User offline. Last seen 3 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Typical usage scenario:

1) You create a session at a high sample 96khz and get too ambitious and want to use 44.1khz instead due to processor usage
2) You create a session at a low sample rate and decide you like it more than expected and wish to convert it to 96khz.

Currently you can load a session created at sample rate X while JACK is running at sample rate Y. If X and Y are different playback will sound odd and all timings are wrong also.

The tool to solve this, should you wish to change the sample rate of session S from X to Y, might be a script. It would read the old session, create a new one, work through all the sesssion_name.ardour session files, adjust the timings, and then work through all the interchange audio files and resample them (using a command line re-sampling program, maybe sox or a libsamplerate/libsndfile derived tool).

Is there any existing documentation about the session file, timings, and any other pertinent data, such a script might need to access?

paul
paul's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 2 min ago. Offline
There is already a perl script in the tools directory of the Ardour source code (resample_session.pl) which does all this. Obviously it could be wrapped up a little nicer.

jwm
User offline. Last seen 3 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Paul. Although these scripts are present in SVN, they're missing in the tarball.

sharonk868 (not verified)

Thanks you for the post.
Hi, I am a new member of forum who signed up only post SEO spam. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Is it fine for me to post my silly URLs that don't actually turn into links on these forum pages? Am I a moron? Good day you guys!!!