My first acoustic track

Been experimenting with ways to get better sound out of my cheap Radio Shack microphone.

http://www.arthursucks.com/dr_arthur/greedy.ogg
Or

I’m curious to know how you can get better sound out of your cheap Radio Shack microphone? Were you successful?

And BTW, FYI, there is a “Made With Ardour” forum here for posts just like this. :slight_smile:

I like the video you uploaded to youtube, so people can SEE what Ardour is, and how cool it is.

I was able to get better (but not great) sound by testing different mic / guitar arrangements in audacity and making notes. Kind of a trial and error type thing. I also noticed that a slight highpass filtering does amazing things for the rumble I sometime get recording acoustic guitars.

I always use a highpass on acoustic guitars. If the mic has a low cut switch, I certainly will use it. If you highpass all your channels, except for the bass guitar and the kickdrum, your low end will sound much more tight.
Don´t do this too much with lowpass, because you can remove the upper harmonics, which will tear down your sound.

IMO Arthur does not suck. :slight_smile:

I liked the stereo separation, the mix is nicely balanced through my headphones. I also just liked the song. More, please. :slight_smile:

Best,

dp