and we're back...

Sometime mid-morning on October 5th, ardour.org was either hacked into or suffered some kind of fatal software bit-rot. After many stomach churning hours, the site has been restored, upgraded to Drupal 6.14 and should be working normally. If you notice anything unusual or broken, please comment here.

Uhm, I couldn’t log in with my usual credentials. I’ve got Firefox remembering username/password, so I’m certain that it’s correct. It would be nice with more specifics. Should people be concerned about their credentials being stolen or was it just a regular server crash?

i’ve had no problems and you’re the first to report an issue. so i am not sure what the problem could be.

madsen-

How long ago did you create your account?

Seablade

In the My Account page it says I’ve been a member for 34 weeks 6 days. I actually thought it was more… Could the 34w and 6d be the time the account was moved to the current db / drupal install? I’m not even sure I’ve posted a comment within the last 35 weeks.

Anyways, I realized that in case some cracker would’ve gotten away with some passwords, s/he will have a bunch of hashes (hopefully at least SHA1) that aren’t immediately good for anything, so maybe it’s really a non-issue.

madsen-

Yea no idea what to tell you on that one. On the slight chance you managed to sign up between the backup and the site incident I suppose there was a good chance that a rollback would have wiped your account depending on how Paul handled it, but based off what you say above I have no idea, sorry.

Seablade