qjackctl

I’m using version .99.3 and can’t get it to work at all. I just haven’t figured it out. Do I need to create a playlist to get the thing to play? I imported a region of audio into a track and I’d like to play it, then start slicing and dicing… but when i push the play button I get nothing… I don’t see how to create playlists or anything either…

I suspect this might be a problem with my jack set up. I have a PCI cmedia card (i know it sucks oh well) and I can play music files and what not just fine. I can’t seem to get qjackctl to install though. I’m using gentoo and emerge qjackctl returns the following error after a small bit of compiling:

i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -march=pentium4 -O2 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -I/usr/qt/3/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -Isrc -I/usr/qt/3/include -o qjackctlConnectionsForm.o src/qjackctlConnectionsForm.cpp
src/qjackctlConnectionsForm.cpp:21:33: qjackctlconnectview.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [qjackctlConnectionsForm.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/qjackctl-0.2.17/work/qjackctl-0.2.17’
make: *** [qjackctl] Error 2

!!! ERROR: media-sound/qjackctl-0.2.17 failed.
Call stack:
ebuild.sh, line 1539: Called dyn_compile
ebuild.sh, line 939: Called src_compile
ebuild.sh, line 609: Called die

No clue what to do here or how to get this to start working… I used to be a windows user with acid pro 4.0, basically stopped doing any producing for a couple years now I can’t bget my 4.0 to work but I have a better linux box now and wanted to give ardour a shot. looks like it’ll do the trick for the simple stuff i need to do if I can just get it to work… :-/ Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

0.2.17 doesn’t install for me either. Try emerging a later version.

ie put the line:

=media-sound/qjackctl-0.2.19a

in /etc/portage/package.keywords and try emerging again.

And curse the gentoo people for not bumping qjackctl to a version that builds :wink:

Good luck

adding the line “media-sound/qjackctl ~x86” to /etc/portage/package.keywords
This will open up any “masked” versions of qjackctl. I think the current version is 0.2.20 for gentoo. Just make sure to “emerge --sync” first so that you indeed get the most current version.