Mixbus - Update screwed up settings..

Its all very well using this mixbus but I am tempted to throw away my £50 investment because I have not got time to relearn everything each time I just need audio to work in Mixbus.

I have an Apogee duet, before the recent update it was fine not its defaulted on my Macbook back to the internal soundcard.

So again I now have to relearn the frakkin setup of Jack and Mixbus, its all very good stuff but I wish like Logic I could just have one location where I could set all this up, why is it not possible to provide one obvious location to this virtual patchbay.

Can anyone help me getting mixbus setup.

Simple here it is:

Apgee Duet,

Macbook Pro, OSX 10.8.x

This is the wrong place to ask. Please use the support email address included in your download email. You paid for a product and for support, and Harrison will give you both.

I have an Apogee duet, before the recent update it was fine not its defaulted on my Macbook back to the internal soundcard.

I can tell you for certain this sound card works fine with the update as it is is exactly what I use.

I can also say that it sounds strangely like you aren’t even trying to learn how to use a new tool, which I wonder about. From the sounds of it all you have to do is change what sound card Jack is using from your description. And personally I think it is fairly obvious where to set this. If you use JackPilot it is in JackPilot’s preferences. If you don’t use JackPilot it is in the Audio Setup tab that is one of the very first things you see when you start Mixbus.

Seablade

PS Side note, OS X 10.8??? :wink:

Wrote it himself…

Perhaps you are right, im not willing to learn to use a new tool on each update.

Logic was very easy to set up and get running and always has been, I got mixbus but find the setup so complex it hardly gets used.

OSX 10.6 sorry.

I dont have that tab you are on about for setting up the audio. Just opens up asks for the name of a new file or open session no audio settings.

Perhaps you are right, im not willing to learn to use a new tool on each update.

How to do what you are asking hasn’t changed at all in a VERY long time(Well before Mixbus 1.0 was publicly available)

I dont have that tab you are on about for setting up the audio. Just opens up asks for the name of a new file or open session no audio settings.

This sounds like you started Jack via JackPilot then. See the Preferences of JackPilot.

Seablade

Now that I have had some actual sleep… I realised that this may help you with that last part…

http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Ardour/StartJackOSX

It is in one of the new Ardour manuals, but works fine for Mixbus as well(90-95% carries over throughout the entire manual, and this specific section 100% applies to Mixbus if starting Jack through Jackpilot).

Seablade

Thanks i’ll have a read…

you were right about jack, i think it stayed running in the background and |I didn’t notice.

Cheers for your help.