Ardour 2 SVN rev.702

I grabbed todays SVN to do a little debugging of a possible crash. When compiling this revision I get a compilation error caused by libsndfile. Nothing changed on my system and the previous revision I had downloaded compiled fine (as far as I remember, it was 692)

Here’s the output :

g++ -Wl,–export-dynamic -pthread -pthread -o gtk2_ardour/ardour.bin gtk2_ardour/about.o […] gtk2_ardour/fft_result.o -Llibs/gtkmm2/atk -Llibs/surfaces/control_protocol -Llibs/libsndfile -Llibs/midi++2 -Llibs/pbd -Llibs/sigc++2 -Llibs/glibmm2 -Llibs/gtkmm2/pango -Llibs/gtkmm2/gdk -Llibs/ardour -Llibs/soundtouch -Llibs/gtkmm2ext -Llibs/libgnomecanvasmm -Llibs/gtkmm2/gtk -lardour -lardour_cp -lgtkmm2ext -lmidi++ -lpbd -lgtkmm2 -lglib-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0 -lgthread-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lgnomecanvas-2 -lart_lgpl_2 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0 -lgnomecanvasmm -lasound -lsndfile -lFLAC -llrdf -lglibmm2 -lpangomm -latkmm -lgdkmm2 -lsigc++2 -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0 -lxml2 -lz -lm -lxslt -lxml2 -lz -lm -lsoundtouch -lsamplerate -ljack -lfftw3f -lm
libs/libsndfile/libsndfile.so: undefined reference to s2flac16_array' libs/libsndfile/libsndfile.so: undefined reference tos2flac8_array’
libs/libsndfile/libsndfile.so: undefined reference to i2flac8_array' libs/libsndfile/libsndfile.so: undefined reference toi2flac24_array’
libs/libsndfile/libsndfile.so: undefined reference to i2flac16_array' libs/libsndfile/libsndfile.so: undefined reference tos2flac24_array’
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
scons: *** [gtk2_ardour/ardour.bin] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

you will notice -lFLAC in the link command, but apparently the version you have is missing those functions.

indeed, I had already checked this before posting here. The one I have is the latest stable flac. do I need to grab a developement version ?

[EDIT]
I checked on flac web site, those functions do not seem to be part of the API. Moreover, they seem to be defined in the libsndfile included in my snapshot of ardour…

Marc-Olivier Barre,
Kinoko en Orbite