ardour export session convert files... help!

4 replies [Last post]
shamusgraham
User offline. Last seen 4 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
I was as user on linux, and have purchaed Aroudr for OSX, and love it.. but...

right now i'm trying to send files to someone with Logic Pro (9.1.1) and he can't import any of my files. so..

anyone know the sox command line or how to convert a 48k 32bit Ardour recorded wav file into something that Logic will take? I'm guessing it just needs to be 24bit.. or a bwf.. aiff..

Thanks for any help..

j.

paul
paul's picture
User offline. Last seen 19 hours 20 min ago. Offline
@shamusgraham: what options did you choose for the export?

paul
paul's picture
@shamusgraham: I am going to guess that you picked 32 bit float format - there is no widespread agreement between different audio software on the nature of these files. If you use 24 bit integer I am 99.98% certain that Logic will have no problem with the export from Ardour. Do not use AIFF for this.

shamusgraham
User offline. Last seen 4 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks for the reply Paul! sorry for the lateness on my part.. i didn't get the message in my inbox.

yep.. sure did pick 32bit for the native format. I could 'individual track export'.. but, i was trying to get around that. 12 songs, 8-24 tracks each, it will not be fun.. but if that is the only option. Ardour/JACK have been acting up as well.. not really the stability i had on my Linux box. but great work! non the less...

Are Ardour files stored in BWF or some other 'timestamp-ish' format?

I understand that most of my issues are with Logic.. and that's not Ardour's fault.. just wish there were a way to get around this..

j.

paul
paul's picture
@shamusgraham: the format used by Ardour is under user control. The default is WAV, 32 bit float. You can change to this to any header format supported by Ardour and any bit depth/sample format. See the Options menu for details.