Delayed tracks in mixbus

Hi…just downloaded mixbus, so probably doing something wrong here…when sending a track from Logic into mixbus the track seems to be delayed.I think I have all routings in jack right etc and Latency is set to 1024 in mixbus as recommended. Do all tracks from logic have to be routed to mix bus for things to stay in time or can I have a combination. i.e. some playing through Logic, some through mixbus…should I be using the ‘ping’ to correct this delay and if so can anyone tell me how to use the ping as I have no manual at the mo…Cheers…

hi…apologies, the track is not actually delayed it seems to be playing “ahead” of the tracks in Logic…Anybody got any ideas?? Im stumped…

just to be clearer…Im sending a lead vocal into mixbus (through a jack plug in) and have the backing vocals playing through logic…no particular reason for this im just testing to see if I can have tracks playing in Logic and through mixbus…lead vocal is playing ahead of backing vox…Jack connections are

Send ports - logic pro - Au send 1 ----- Receive ports - ardour - Audio 1/in 1
Send ports - logic pro - Au send 2 ----- Receive ports - ardour - Audio 1/in 2

Thanks…

The fact that your vocal track is playing before the other tracks can only mean that Logic has delayed the other tracks via delay compensation. It is likely that the Jack plugin is reporting the wrong latency to Logic for this setup.

There are all kinds of cool routing things you can do with Jack between different applications, but there are many pitfalls associated with that as well. Most users are encouraged to record directly into Mixbus and/or import .wav files and play them back through Mixbus as a regular DAW.

Thanks for reply…yer i suppose im trying to use it for the wrong purpose, was just interested to see if things would be synced…am a little confused as to how a vocal sent from logic to mixbus can be playing ahead of the stuff coming from logic…delayed i could understand but ahead??? the plug in delay compensation in Logic is off …thanks anyway…

I had the same problem yesterday.

Try this:
Click/Select your related Audio Track (with Mouse right click)
Choose “Ausrichtung” (suppose “Direction” in English)
Select “An Aufnahmezeit ausrichten” (suppose: “Adjust to recording time” in English)

It fixed my issue synching with Hydrogen.