Ardour doesn't want to record any track under Avlinux4

hello,

My distro is AVlinux4.0

I had ardour 2.8.9 installed (by default) and when i add a new track to record something and get this track and the transport armed, nothing happened except the running of the play-head and the read of the song…
Then I uninstalled ardour 2.8.9 and got the 2.8.11 version that in setup with scons…
I did another try with this version but the same results: no recording only reading!
What’s the matter?

i think there’s no report with ardour because under KXStudio it worked well!

How can I remedy it?

thanks for help…

Hi,

That’s weird… I have no other bug reports on this, is this a session you did with different hardware or a different distro? Did you try deleting the ‘ardour.rc’ file in the .ardour2 folder in your user’s home and re-opening the session?

Hi,

In fact I have a partition which concentrates my musical directories with which I open and save all my projects… Up to there I did not meet problems except some oddities as the recording which is graphically moved - or the appearance of forms of waves when we zoom very hardly in a place where there should be no sound then which disappears by continuing to zoom (with the previous versions of ardour)

The other distro is KXStudio… In the past Planet ccrma and all version of AVlinux

It’s the first time i encounter this kind of bug ==> the record button continue flashing instead of engaged

I didn’t try to delete anything in the ardour’s folder in my user’s home… i’m not so experencied!

If something returns to me in head i’ll tell you

I hope that my reply will be understood ( excuse me for my english!)

Regards :wink: