Apple X11 Installed but still getting Not Installed Error Help!

Hi;

I’m a newbie and this may be a bit over my head so if anyone can give me guidance I would so much appreciate it.

I am running a Mac Mini 1.66 dual core Intel machine with 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM using Mac Os X Version 10.4.7.

I have been trying to run Ardour for the first time to try it out but I have been getting Apple X11 not installed error messeges. I have loaded the correct version directly from the Apple Disc and I have found the loaded tools included x11 on my disk so I know they are present.

I have also started Jack Pilot prior to starting Ardour.

The following is a transcript from the console window when I try to start Ardour:

===== Thursday, August 24, 2006 5:24:10 PM US/Eastern =====
button returned:OK

Thanks to anyone who can give me a hand.

Tony

… just starting X11 and making sure that runs? it should be in /Applications/Utilities/X11.app

Josh

I just tried installing Ardour for the first time, and so far I have the same problem. What`s different is that I am running a dual 1.8 GHz PowerPC G5, 2 GB RAM, Mac OS X version 10.4.6 (in Norwegian). According to the installation, everything should be fine. At the installation DVD I installed the file Xcode Tools/Packages/X11SDK.pkg. I hope that was the right file, since there were no other X11 files I found right there. But I checked as Josh said, and it seems like X11.app isn´t there! Does anyone know how to get it there/any other tip to work this out? Thanks!
Hanstein

Sorry if this got posted twice…

I just tried installing Ardour for the first time, and so far I have the same problem. What‘s different is that I am running a dual 1.8 GHz PowerPC G5, 2 GB RAM, Mac OS X version 10.4.6 (in Norwegian). According to the installation, everything should be fine. At the installation DVD I installed the file Xcode Tools/Packages/X11SDK.pkg. I hope that was the right file, since there were no other X11 files I found right there. But I checked as Josh said, and it seems like X11.app isn´t there! Does anyone know how to get it there/any other tip to work this out? Thanks!
Hanstein

… and will be handy for building X11 based apps, but there is another install for the actual application. Put your Mac OS X disc (or system discs that came with your computer) into your drive, and scroll down to the optional install package. Double-click it, and look at the Applications arrow… X11 is in there. Once installed, it should be in /Applications/Utilities

Hope that helps.

josh

Thank you very much! I didnt notice that it was more at the installation DVD earlier... Now X11 is on its right place, and Ardour opens! Only problem was that I forgot to start Jack first…