Euphonix MC Mix control

37 replies [Last post]
seablade
User offline. Last seen 22 min 22 sec ago. Offline
@transco Note that that bug fix was kind of blind since I can't test it right now on my Mackie, but I suspect it will work fine to allow your current Euphonix to work with Ardour and Mixbus.

Seablade

transco
transco's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
@seablade

Sorry, I'm a new user and am not sure how I access the bug fix (yes, I have donated). I currently am running V2.8.11 Build 7387. I'll be happy to test it and let you know the results.

paul
paul's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 day 14 hours ago. Offline
@transco: you basically can't until 2.8.12 is released. It was more just a FYI.

mea
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Sorry to revive an old thread, but how are you doing with the artist mix+ardour? Does everything work or not? Thanks.

paul
paul's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 day 14 hours ago. Offline
@mea: euphonix declined to work with us. I don't think it was malicious - they were supposed to get me technical specs etc. a couple of years. They never did, people at the company moved on, and they lost interest. If you want Ardour to support EuCon, you need to tell them that we're entirely willing to work with them but we need technical specs that we can use for an open source implementation.

seablade
User offline. Last seen 22 min 22 sec ago. Offline
@paul

Yes but you can use the Euphonix in Mackie mode, as evidenced by others in this thread. Obviously not going to argue about EuCon support though, and that seems even less likely now that Digi/Avid owns them.

Seablade

mea
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks for the answers, I'll drop them a mail. FWIW.
Best regards,
m.