all signals going into ardour are distorted

2 replies [Last post]
cliff wagner
User offline. Last seen 3 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hey Man!

just yesterday i was recording and everything is fine. Today I open a session and try to import a drum loop from garage band and when I audition the loop it's all distorted. weird. so I try to record a drum loop from my keyboard through my digital interface. same thing. Ok so I try playing my guitar directly plugged into the interface with the level all the way down on my interface. I am getting play back but the level is zero. as soon as I start raising the level the signal is distorted like I'm running the guitar through a fuzz box. I close down ardour and open garage band and try the same thing to see if my interface is crapping out but it works fine in garage band. I feel there is some setting that has changed in ardour maybe? has this happened to anyone else? my interface is a motu 8 pre.

seablade
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 11 min ago. Offline
Hmm not off hand, can you go to Help>Chat in Ardour and check on IRC to see if anyone is around to help? This owuld be easier to troubleshoot over IRC than on the forums.

Seablade

audiodef
User offline. Last seen 4 days 21 hours ago. Offline
I had a similar problem recently under AVLinux. I'm supposed to post about my particular problem on their forums. If I get an answer, I'll try to remember to repeat it here in case it helps you.