Ardour 2 Compilation on Ubuntu

Hi,

I have been trying to install ardour 2 for it’s midi capabilities. I have a new installation of ubuntu dapper, I just upgraded as I couldn’t compile on ubuntu breezy.

I’ve managed to track the problem down to the fact that config.sub is not generated in the libs/glibmm2/scripts directory but I’m not familiar enough with scons to know where it’s supposed to be generated from.

I’ve tried replacing the glibmm directory with their latest source release, which comes with config.sub pre-made, this compiles but doesn’t run.

Could anyone please tell me what generates the libs/glibmm2/scripts/config.sub file and where I might be going wrong.

Thanks, Don

Here is an excerpt from the scons output, please let me know if there’s anything would be more useful:

checking whether gcc accepts -g… yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C… none needed
checking how to run the C preprocessor… gcc -E
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)… (cached) yes
configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh scripts/config.sub
/home/don/src/ardour2
g++ -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -fstrength-reduce -DARCH_X86 -mmmx -m3dnow -march=i686 -msse -mfpmath=sse -DBUILD_SSE_OPTIMIZATIONS -Wall -DHAVE_LIBLO -DENABLE_NLS -DHAVE_GETMNTENT -Woverloaded-virtual -DPACKAGE=“libpbd” -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -DLIBSIGC_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DHAVE_EXECINFO -fPIC -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -Ilibs/sigc++2 -Ilibs/glibmm2 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -Ilibs/pbd -I/usr/include/libxml2 -c -o libs/pbd/command.os libs/pbd/command.cc
In file included from libs/glibmm2/glibmm/exception.h:25,
from libs/glibmm2/glibmm/error.h:28,
from libs/glibmm2/glibmm/thread.h:31,
from libs/pbd/pbd/id.h:7,
from libs/pbd/pbd/stateful.h:25,
from libs/pbd/pbd/command.h:24,
from libs/pbd/command.cc:1:
libs/glibmm2/glibmm/ustring.h:32:26: error: glibmmconfig.h: No such file or directory
libs/glibmm2/glibmm/ustring.h:33: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
libs/glibmm2/glibmm/exception.h:35: error: ‘ustring’ in namespace ‘Glib’ does not name a type
libs/glibmm2/glibmm/error.h:38: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘&’ token
libs/glibmm2/glibmm/error.h:38: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘…’ before ‘&’ token
libs/glibmm2/glibmm/error.h:38: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘parameter’ with no type
libs/glibmm2/glibmm/error.h:48: error: ‘ustring’ in namespace ‘Glib’ does not name a type
libs/glibmm2/glibmm/thread.h:175: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘&’ token
libs/glibmm2/glibmm/thread.h:175: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘…’ before ‘&’ token
libs/glibmm2/glibmm/thread.h:175: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘parameter’ with no type
scons: *** [libs/pbd/command.os] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

i don’t think the midi capabilities are in the main trunk of Ardour2 yet? i doubt it would be very useable at the moment anyway … i’ve given up on Ardour2 at the moment and gone back to Ardour1 - 2 is just too unstable at the moment. which is a shame - i want the shiny surfaces again!

I came across this post while trying to fix this problem myself on Ubuntu Edgy, and although it is an old post, I’ll post the answer in case anyone else has the same difficulty:

config.sub is generated by libtoolize, if it isn’t being generated, you should install libtool

saol canım benim sikiş erotik video sikiş erotik video izleyelim lütfen