bulk activate and deactivate tracks in a group?

ahoy all,

i was wondering if Ardour 2 (or 3 for that matter) allow one to switch the “active” state of a track (not the active state of a group) all at once? i have been searching/trying this in both the edit and mixing groups, and so far when a group is active and selected, and right clicking on one of the tracks of the group and selective “Active”, only the track on which i right clicked has its active state toggled, not the other tracks in the active group.

if i understand the manual and posts related to edit and mixing groups (or the more general groups in Ardour 3), it seems like this feature is missing. would this be something that people would be interested in, enough to warrant a feature request?

i figure this would be a nice way to deactivate a bunch of tracks when not being used in a part of a song, to save processor/CPU/memory/etc . (this is assuming that deactivate tracks are basically the resource equivalent of not having the track at all), to test a different mix, etc.

if there is some interest, i can submit a feature request for it. even better, perhaps someone has figured out how to do it in the current Ardour.

thanks, Wayne

@in0giro: no, activate/deactivate does not propagate across groups. Please feel free to file it as a feature request. Please use “3.X” as the product version.

thanks Paul. i submitted the feature request here:

http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=3703

the only product version i could find with 3.0 was “3.0 SVN” which i assume is correct.

peace