fons adriaensen's amb plugins

hi
has anybody managed to successfully compile those plugins in snow leopard?
fons’ third release seem to build and install ok, but ardour still complains about wrong architecture library type - yet again the 64bit incompatibility issue…

ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: cannot load module "/usr/lib/ladspa/ambisonic0.so" (dlopen(/usr/lib/ladspa/ambisonic0.so, 2): no suitable image found. Did find: /usr/lib/ladspa/ambisonic0.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture) ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: cannot load module "/usr/lib/ladspa/ambisonic1.so" (dlopen(/usr/lib/ladspa/ambisonic1.so, 2): no suitable image found. Did find: /usr/lib/ladspa/ambisonic1.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture) ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: cannot load module "/usr/lib/ladspa/ambisonic2.so" (dlopen(/usr/lib/ladspa/ambisonic2.so, 2): no suitable image found. Did find: /usr/lib/ladspa/ambisonic2.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture) ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: cannot load module "/usr/lib/ladspa/ambisonic3.so" (dlopen(/usr/lib/ladspa/ambisonic3.so, 2): no suitable image found. Did find: /usr/lib/ladspa/ambisonic3.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture)

this was briefly discussed last year here: https://ardour.org/node/3446
but i’m not sure if there has been any luck since?

many thanks

Not much has changed no. I sitll haven’t had time to look into it, but if all you are getting is a wrong architecture problem, then the problem is you are likely building 64 bit versions of the plug ins while Ardour is looking for 32 bit versions. This can be solved by modifying the build process to use -m32 in CFLAGS and similar, but it may cause other problems to pop up as any libraries that it depends on will need to be 32 bit as well(And you have only tested for 64 bit in your previous builds).

Paul mentioned to me some time ago that someone has appropriate ambisonic plugins in AU format that may be worth looking into. I haven’t yet, and am unsure if they are a port of Fon’s plugins or if they are different code entirely.

Seablade

thanks for your speedy response seablade.

yes, i tried all sorts of build options to no avail yet - will keep trying.

paul might be referring to daniel courville’s b2x au suite?
http://www.radio.uqam.ca/ambisonic/b2x.html

they do seem to work quite nicely - though i haven’t been able to use the panners without introducing some dodgy level changes (but that’s probably just me…)

cheers
reynaldo

I doubt the option you want is in the build system currently, Fons to my knowledge doesn’t work on OS X so I don’t expect his build scripts to work on it.

Seablade