every other track

hey there just downloaded and installed. everything is up n running and so far im very impressed, but one major thing thats messing with me is that when i create new audio tracks, only every other track will receive audio signal. im using a little m-audio transit? is this a jack issue? im very unfamiliar with jack and when i load up the DAW its says i cant start jack so i have to start with core audio.

any help would be awesome im really looking forward to working with this software!

im using a little m-audio transit? is this a jack issue? im very unfamiliar with jack and when i load up the DAW its says i cant start jack so i have to start with core audio.

Yep, you guessed it right on. What is happening is Ardour is trying to guess what inputs to route to the tracks by default, and if you have two input channels to route, it will do it as 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, etc. So every other input channel is likely routed to something oyu don’t have a device plugged into.

For more information see here…
http://en.flossmanuals.net/Ardour/UnderstandingRouting

The entire manual is recommended reading of course;)

Seablade

Fantastic I had kinda figured it out but your help was the last step! Thanks so much!