LV2 abGate

Hi,

I’ve tried making a LV2 Noise Gate plugin, so if anyone is interested, you can get it from here: http://hippie.lt/lv2/gate/
Peace!

Antanas

Hi I get error 1 while compiling

g++ -O3 -shared -fPIC -DPIC gate.cpp pkg-config --cflags --libs lv2-plugin -o gate.so
Package lv2-plugin was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `lv2-plugin.pc’
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package ‘lv2-plugin’ found
gate.cpp:21: fatal error: lv2plugin.hpp: No existe el fichero o el directorio
compilation terminated.
make: *** [gate.so] Error 1

I think I have all the dependencies installed, so is there anything I’m doing wrong?. By the way thanks for the plugin!

it looks like you dont have lv2-c+±tools

I had the same problem compiling EQ10Q :

http://ardour.org/node/3264?page=2

The solution was to compile lv2-c+±tools, maybe you could try it.

i do not think so.
i get the same error here but the lv2-c+±tools package is installed.

i get the exactlly same error here:

http://ardour.org/node/3264

but i am able to build several other lv2’s like calf, ir etc.

cheers,
doc

yes i have that package installed, but no luck. could be some path in the make file?

What version of lv2-c+±tools do you have?

you can install abGate from AutoStatic’s PPA if you are using Ubuntu: https://launchpad.net/~autostatic/+archive/ppa/

Stupidly enough atleast openSUSE and Ubuntu stuffs the lv2-c+±tools development files in a package called libpaq. So you need to install that to get lv2plugin.hpp and friends.
On openSUSE its called libpaq-devel and on Ubuntu/Debian it’s libpaq-dev

After reinstalling lv2-c+±tools and libpaq-dev from the Debian repos i have this :

$ make g++ -O3 -shared -fPIC -DPIC gate.cpp `pkg-config --cflags --libs lv2-plugin` -o gate.so Package lv2-plugin was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `lv2-plugin.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'lv2-plugin' found gate.cpp:21:25: error: lv2plugin.hpp: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type gate.cpp:31: error: ‘LV2’ is not a namespace-name gate.cpp:31: error: expected namespace-name before ‘;’ token gate.cpp:33: error: expected template-name before ‘<’ token gate.cpp:33: error: expected ‘{’ before ‘<’ token gate.cpp:33: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘<’ token make: *** [gate.so] Erreur 1

But the compilation works with lv2-c+±tools built from sources. The same for EQ10Q.

My 2 cents.

What does ‘dpkg -L libpaq-dev | grep lv2-plugin.pc’ say then?

If it’s installed to, say, /usr/lib64/pkgconfig you might have to run ‘export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib64/pkgconfig’ prior to ./configure.
If so, that’s a bug in pkg-config.

Edit: And you may have to do a ‘make clean ; ./configure’ if you haven’t done that first.

Ok thank you all, I will try that.

dpkg -L libpaq-dev | grep lv2-plugin.pc doesn’t give anything, dpkg -L libpaq-dev gives :

$ dpkg -L libpaq-dev /. /usr /usr/share /usr/share/doc /usr/share/doc/libpaq-dev /usr/share/doc/libpaq-dev/copyright /usr/share/doc/libpaq-dev/changelog.Debian.gz /usr/share/doc/libpaq-dev/changelog.gz /usr/include /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_ui.h /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_osc.h /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2synth.hpp /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/rdf.hpp /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/turtleparser.hpp /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2types.hpp /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/namespaces.hpp /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_uri_map.h /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_ui_presets.h /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_saverestore.h /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_event_helpers.h /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_event.h /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/unicode.hpp /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_contexts.h /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2gui.hpp /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/query.hpp /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2plugin.hpp /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2.h /usr/lib /usr/lib/pkgconfig /usr/lib/pkgconfig/paq.pc /usr/lib/libpaq.so

According to the readme, make and make install are enough. The proof? I compiles it without any problem with make, checkinstall make install, BUT with the lv2-c+±tools package built from the sources.
No need to do make clean and ./configure before.

OK, so Debians libpaq-dev is broken OR they have yet another package where they’ve hidden lv2-plugin.pc (and lv2-gui.pc).

This is libpaq-devel from my openSUSE-11.3 :

/usr/include/lv2-c++-tools /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2.h /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_contexts.h /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_event.h /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_event_helpers.h /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_osc.h /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_saverestore.h /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_ui.h /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_ui_presets.h /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_uri_map.h /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2gui.hpp /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2plugin.hpp /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2synth.hpp /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2types.hpp /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/namespaces.hpp /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/query.hpp /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/rdf.hpp /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/turtleparser.hpp /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/unicode.hpp /usr/lib/liblv2-gui.a /usr/lib/liblv2-plugin.a /usr/lib/libpaq.a /usr/lib/libpaq.so /usr/lib/pkgconfig/lv2-gui.pc /usr/lib/pkgconfig/lv2-plugin.pc /usr/lib/pkgconfig/paq.pc

Up and running, but I downloaded from Autostatic ppa, It seems to be a pkg-config bug, but I’m not completely sure

I updated the plugin so it doesn’t need lv2-c+±tools anymore

UI does not display here. I see this error message in Ardour’s output:

Unable to open UI library /usr/lib/lv2/abGate.lv2/gate_gui.so (libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

I have libpng14.so.

Would it be possible for you to link gate_gui.so against libpng.so, rather than a specific version of libpng?

Thanks,
Don

Maybe I am not seeing the obvious thing - but I can’t find the source code. It seems I have got the same problem like DonF. The GUI never shows up - so I’d try to build it myself.

hallo,
here both a2 and a3 are crashing when i try to open the plugins gui:

http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=3745

i buid the plugin from source.

cheers,
doc

Hi,
For this error :
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `lv2-plugin.pc’
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package ‘lv2-plugin’ found

you have to change/patch the makefile like this :

- g++ -O3 -shared -fPIC -DPIC gate.cpp pkg-config --cflags --libs lv2-plugin -o gate.so

• g++ -O3 -shared -fPIC -DPIC gate.cpp pkg-config --cflags --libs paq -o gate.so
    the debian packaging provide only paq.pc and not lv2-plugin.pc or lv2-gui.pc (look them if you want, they are pretty the same)

Bye,
Olivier

Well, they’re pretty much the same in the way Tolstoys War And Peace and the latest Harry Potter novel are; a shiny front cover and inside lots of pages with letters split up in sentences, paraghaphs and chapters. And yet for some strange reason kids tend to prefer the latter…

One has to wonder if the Debian maintainer really had so few bytes left on his harddrive or were so close to his bandwidth limit that he felt it was worth it to remove the 363 bytes worth of .pc-files. Or did he just run a diff on them and conclude that “Nahh, they’re pretty much the same anyways. I’m hungry; what’s for dinner?”