but had problems installing them; i use UBUNTU10.10 , and putting the commands

"Provided you run Linux, installation is simply:

$ tar xvfz caps_0.4.4.tar.gz
$ cd caps-0.4.4
$ ./configure.py
$ make
$ su

make install

suggested on the site itself in the terminal window, had the answer that the file could not be found. should it be put in a special directory? I read the plugins installation paragraph on this site but could not understand much due to my inexperience. I’m new to linux and rather ignorant in installing stuff (just knew recently there IS a terminal window!). Can anybody help to do the basics? thanks

My bet is that your problem is simply that you started running those commands from the wrong directory. In the terminal you first need to change to the directory that file is in and then run the above commands. We do this via the cd command, which stands for Change Directory. I can’t remember where things in Ubuntu get downloaded to by default, so you will need to determine that, then type in…

cd /PATH/TO/DOWNLOADED/FILE

replacing the /PATH/TO/DOWNLOADED/FILE with the directory that contains the file obviously.

Seablade

PS Sorry if this assumed to little knowledge, just let me know and we can move on to other troubleshooting if this wasn’t the problem.

installation done and plugins working properly! that was the problem, thank you very much, you did not assume too little knowledge at all on my part at all! hit exactly the point. bye