Harrison Mixbus is now available for Linux and OS X
Great news from Harrison Consoles .... and yes, for those who are curious, your purchase of Mixbus does generate some income for Ardour.
Mixbus™ is a full-featured Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) with "True Analog Mixing"™: a combination of Harrison's world-renowned sound and features in a knob-per-function interface. Now cross-platform on both Linux and OSX, Mixbus provides a solution for engineers and mixers who need a recorder, editor and mixing system with world-class sound and features.
- Straightforward “knob per function” mixer layout based on Harrison's renowned 32-series and MR-series music consoles.
- Precision DSP algorithms for EQ, Filter, Compression, Analog Tape Saturation, and Summing based on Harrison's world-renowned large format analog and digital mixing consoles.
- Unlimited stereo or mono input channels (based on available CPU power) featuring High-pass Filter, EQ, Compression, and 4 Mix Bus sends on every channel.
- 4 Stereo Mix Buses (can be used for groups or auxes) featuring Tone controls, Compression, Sidechaining, and Analog Tape Saturation.
- Stereo Master Bus that features Tone controls, Analog Tape Saturation, K-meter, and Limiting to help you make polished mixes.
- Automatic delay compensation for any routing combinations of Tracks to Mixbuses and/or Master Bus. This allows for parallel paths with different plugins that remain time-aligned to the output.
- Comprehensive "at-a-glance" metering with peak, peak hold, and compressor gain reduction visible on every track and bus.
- Extensive DAW features via the Ardour Digital Audio Workstation.
- Uses any sound I/O supported by ALSA and/or JACK on Linux
- Supports LADSPA and LV2 plugins on Linux
We originally launched Mixbus for OSX in 2009, and it was a big success! Since then we've launched 6 free updates to our customers, added dozens of features, and built a community of users. The Linux version provides the same great features as the OSX version!Purchase now at: harrisonconsoles.com - Mixbus.