Firewire audio interface and Jack?

I’m using a macbook pro with OSX 10.6.5, along with a M-audio profire 610 audio interface and running Harrison mixbus.
How do i get JACK to recognize my firewire card? How do I route the outputs of MIXBUS to the firewire card?

Hi Paul…the dialog box under sound preference in Jack Pilot lists as input devices:

1. Internal microphone
  2. Jack Router
  3. Profire

and for output devices:

1. Internal speakers
  2. Jack Router
  3. Profire

The problem is how do i get Jack and Profire to work together with Mixbus. When I activate Profire, the Jack Pilot routing dialogue box does not recognize Profire at all. I’m totally lost. My normal setup is to run Mixbus, and have I-tunes feed into Jack into mixbus back through the built-in Mac soundcard. I can’t fiquire out how to route this signal now to the Profire interface.

@funkathon: does JACK not list the device in the preferences dialog? We recently came across a bug where the device presents itself as two separate devices (one for playback and one for capture), but both have the same name. Could this be an issue with the PF610?

@funkathon

I should be in IRC in about an hour, you can get to IRC by going in Mixbus to Help>Chat. Try to catch me there, I am having problems understanding what exactly is going on and it would be clarified by some screenshots I think, and the process will likely be more convenient over IRC than over the forums.

Seablade

@funkathon

I think you just came on IRC to get help and I just missed you, if you are still around I am around for a little over an hour most likely.

Seablade

Thanks for responding everyone!..I happily fixed the problem. I decided to download qjackctl to launch jackd instead of jackpilot that is packaged with Jack OS-X . And Bingo!..everything was recognized by qjackctl.

P.S…And Paul!..Do you really respond to everyone who posts here? WOW!