Simple delay/double-tracking in Ardour

3 replies [Last post]
audiodef
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
I've been looking for a DIRT simple delay, where I can simply delay whatever I've sent to that bus by whatever amount I want. All the plugins I've installed seem to have WAY too much knobs for this. I don't want a repeating delay, echo, multi-tap, etc., etc. Just a simple offset. I've tried copying a track and trying to manually delay it, but I really need to get down to 10 ms, which is hard to do manually.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

In particular, I'm looking to accomplish a certain kind of vocal fattening that I used to do on Sonar with a simple delay. I'd like to have this functionality again. I know there's something out there - just haven't found it yet. LADSPA or VST, either one is fine with me.

Yes, it's kind of like the old-school double-tracking method. If there's a plugin for that, even better.

Pablo Fernández
User offline. Last seen 1 year 43 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Take a look at the "echo delay line" LADSPA plugins by CMT. I think they do what you are looking for.

Alternatively, copy the region to another track keeping it at the same timeline by "Control-midlleclick + drag downwards" (or upwards), set the offset in the nudge clock (right-click on it to choose the units), select one of the regions and nudge it forwards or backwards with the little arrows.

Cheers, Pablo

audiodef
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
You know, I was an idiot yesterday when I attempted a copied-track ADT. Both tracks were panned dead center, resulting in a tinny echo instead of fattening. D'oh!

I'm going to try the nudge trick, and maybe this:

http://www.vacuumsound.de/plugins.html

I should be all set with either solution. Thanks, Pablo!

(spam filter caught this post. FYI, for technical feedback)

EDIT: The echo delay line is exactly what I need. I prefer not to have to actually copy a track, as it seems unnecessary, considering. Thanks again. :-)

(again with the spam. I have a suggestion: Users who have been around a while and are obviously not spammers could be put into the spam program to give them a little more leeway.)

seablade
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 39 min ago. Offline
@audiodef yea there is now way to do that with the current anti-spam solution to my knowledge, sorry. If it makes you feel better, it still yells at me on occasion as well:)

Pretty much a guaranteed way to set it off is to try to put a URL in your post by the way.

Seablade

PS Funnily enough it complained at me while I was posting this:)