Annoying bug - SSL plugin

What a shame, as I start to build a mix from scratch with audio files imported from Logic, I find that the saved session DOES NOT retain settings of my SSL X-Verb AU plug in.

This is one of my most favoured go-to reverbs so puts a big no no on any mix projects being completed in Mixbus for the time being - I’ll post a bug report if I can get an account set up at Mantis - just tried three times and it comes up with errors.

Meantime I have to save the patch within X-Verb, annoying but do-able I suppose - I always start from a preset and then adjust accordingly, never need to save these changes in Logic. Makes me a bit nervous as I won’t know what other plug-ins aren’t being properly saved until I reload a session and find all my lovely EQs and Comps at preset settings!

Simon

Wait it isn’t being saved in Mixbus? Or isn’t being saved in Ardour? There is a free version of Ardour that intentionally doesn’t save those settings(Allows folks to try it and be able to do work in it while still giving obvious incentive to support development as well), but Mixbus does save those settings so unless SSL did something strange with the X-Verb(Not a plugin I have to check) it should work fine. And by strange, I mean VERY strange as in no one has ever reported this problem with any other plugin in Mixbus. Do you have this problem with any other plugins?

It would also seems trange this would exist as Paul was hired by SSL to work on Ardour for some time and I am fairly certain AU support was at least written in that time, if not already in existence.

Seablade

Must be very very strange indeed then! This is in Mixbus. I don’t have Ardour - apart from however that sits underneath Mixbus.

Haven’t had a chance to try too many other plugins, but a few of my UAD-2 card ones saved fine. Will look at TC Powercore, and others I have over the next few hours.

Simon

Hmm SSL must be doing something VERY strange then. I strongly suggest you email Harrison at the support email you got in the documentation you received with Mixbus and let them know.

Seablade