Allow Range Markers to be bound to Region Start and End
Here are some basic rules that would follow for bound range markers:
* Allow a pre-gap and post gap for start marker (editable in Locations window)
* Allow a pre-gap for end marker (editable in Locations window)
* Can be outside the range
* Cannot be inside the range.
* Edits to a range marker length (including gaps), move all following ranges and markers.
* Markers can be bound and unbound.
* Changing the length of a region with its bound markers also appropriately moves all regions and bound markers.
* Deleting a region also deletes the markers bound to it and moves all other regions appropriately.
* Behavior is the same regardless what track the region is on.
* Marker and bound region order can be changed by editing values in the Locations Window.
* Bound region order can be changed with the keys (like changing track order).
* Bound range markers cannot overlap.
Use Case 1:
During mastering, a client wants an extra second between the first and second song. The engineer then adds one second to the pre-gap of the start marker for song two. By doing this, the region and the marker is moved to the right by one second. All following regions and markers also are moved. One second may also be added to the project length.
Use Case 2:
During mastering, the first song is shortened by a few seconds (client decided to fade out earlier). By simply trimming the region by two seconds off the end, all following regions and markers are moved to the left by two seconds. The length of the project is shorten by two seconds.
Use Case 3:
A song is removed from the project by deleting a region with bound markers. The engineer simply selects and deletes the region and all other regions and bound markers are moved appropriately.
Use Case 4.
Client wants to switch the order of songs four and five. The engineer simply reorders the bound markers in the Locations window.
Please excuse my ignorance, if this feature already exists or is already in Ardour 3.