regions list

I was recording a series of songs, saving them one after the other as snapshots. unfortunately i realized at the end i made a mistake not saving 2 of the songs. to recover at least the recorded regions i went into the regions list on the menu on the right side and auditioned some of them to find the ones i was missing. after i found them i realized there was no way to drag them into new tracks. is that normal? so i ended up going in the import window and look for them and get them again from there, and that worked fine, but i’m sure there is a better way. 2 questions:
is there a way to choos regions from the column on the right and simply add them to the tracks?
is there a way to recover the starting time where the regions where saved the last time, i mean the position in the song?
thanks

@stefabarta: BWF = Broadcast Wave Format, its basically regular RIFF/WAVE (".wav") format plus some extra information typically needed in the broadcast and post-production industry. It includes "where this file was originally recorded on a timeline. You can select it via the Options -> Audio File Format -> File Type menu.

is there a way to choos regions from the column on the right and simply add them to the tracks?

This is normal expected behavior, that it wasn’t working for you says something is wrong.

is there a way to recover the starting time where the regions where saved the last time, i mean the position in the song?

http://ardour.org/node/4385

Seablade

no, it does not work , if i try to drag nothing happens, or the rename mode comes out, it works only if i select a great number of regions names and then drag one of them, but not with all regions, many can not be dragged anyway.
i read the thread u told me, and did not understand: what is the BWA format? i’m recording through Ardour 2.8