MMC problem

OK well i finally got Ardour up and technically usable for me but one thing is really annoying the hell out of me. The only piece of hardware i have interacting with ardour on the midi level is an MPC2000XL. I’m composing most of my music outside of Ardour and only turn to Ardour when it’s time to track it all in.
This is how i have it setup:

I have a firewire soundcard so i use the firewire driver inside of Jack
For some reason there is no way to patch the mid from ardour to my firewire soundcards midi ports that i could find (which is absolutely insane BTW, i hope that can be fixed somehow soon)
So what i have to do is run a2j and then hook it up using Patchage

The clock signal is good and the latency is better than anything i’ve ever used but the thing that drives me up the wall is that everytime i arm the tracks to record, hit the main record button and then hit play the record also turns on in my MPC.

What’s the deal here? Is there a setting i can adjust to change that? I’m not seeing one. I’ve never run into this in Sonar or Ableton.
I can’t be the only person to have this problem.

I have a firewire soundcard so i use the firewire driver inside of Jack For some reason there is no way to patch the mid from ardour to my firewire soundcards midi ports that i could find (which is absolutely insane BTW, i hope that can be fixed somehow soon)

As of right now FFADO doesn’t provide any ALSA drivers which is what A2 uses for MIDI communication. A3 however uses JackMIDI which FFADO provides ports for, so it will work fine there.

In as far as the MMC, Ill let someone else answer that as the only times I have used it was when I was tracking between multiple machines(Typically Ardour and an Alesis HD24) so I am not a good resource on that one, and don’t have my MIDI reference in front of me at the moment to confirm my thoughts.

Seablade