How do I use plugins?

I have several LADSPA plugins installed, and they work fine with Audacity and JACK Rack, but I can’t find them anywhere in Ardour. Running from command line also tells me

ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: cannot load module “/usr/lib/ladspa/sc4m_1916.so” (/usr/lib/ladspa/sc4m_1916.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied)
ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: cannot load module “/usr/lib/ladspa/caps.so” (/usr/lib/ladspa/caps.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied)

yet both are set to allow read and execution for me. It’s not impossible to run everything through JACK Rack, I guess, but, assuming it’s possible I’d rather do it within Ardour itself. What am I doing wrong here? Thank you.

Did you try running jack-rack from the command line to see if you get the same errors ?

I would also recommend going to #ardour. It’s the place where answers are always found :wink:

Oh, and I’m running the latest CCRMA build of Ardour (0.99.3) on Fedora Core 5.

Frankly, no idea. This problem has never been reported before. Seems pretty unlikely if you are running CCRMA. This will be hard to debug via a forum, so I’d strongly suggest that you get on #ardour at freenode.net using xchat. See the Support page for more info about doing that. A friendly group of people will help you figure out what is wrong.

Thank you - I’ll try in there next time I’m running Fedora Core. It’s perhaps worth mentioning that some of the software quite possibly comes from the Fedora repositories rather than CCRMA where CCRMA builds hadn’t been done yet when I installed everything a few months ago.