error while building with "fakeroot debian/rules binary"&scons

4 replies [Last post]
Markus3000
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
hi anybody,

i try to build ardour with vst (on debian squeeze 32-bit), slv2 and wiimote several times on a special way and i doesn´t work. so, the special way in not building by scons directly but building via following steps:

1) apt-get sources ardour
2) editing the debian/rules with setting the vst=1, wiimote=1 and slv2=1 scons-flag
3) sudo apt-get build-dep ardour
4) sudo fakeroot debian/rules binary

so, i have installed all necessary packages (i read it in the debian/control) and some more (e.g. libwine-dev). the configuring was OK, then my computer "calculates" a long time with much text but ends with following:

"cp: Aufruf von stat für „./debian/tmp/generic/usr/bin/ardour2“ nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
dh_install: cp -a ./debian/tmp/generic/usr/bin/ardour2 debian/ardour/usr/bin/ returned exit code 1
make: *** [binary-install/ardour] Fehler 2"

so, the directory "ardour2" seems to miss. i tried several things but no ending ... well, compiling with scons works fine, but i want to create a debian-package with vst-support, then i want to write it down in a german debian-wiki how to build. why this? scons installs on it´s own way and the packagemanager won´t find it. so it´s a bit dirty.

greetings,

markus

lokki
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
you should get on irc to discuss stuff like this.

Markus3000
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
do you have an irc-adress? i doesn´t use this till now. i am just in one jabber chat (german debian) with the program gajim.

greets

markus

lokki
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
just start up ardour and go to the help menu, there should be an irc entry. it takes you to a webclient.

seablade
User offline. Last seen 34 min 12 sec ago. Offline
do you have an irc-adress? i doesn´t use this till now. i am just in one jabber chat (german debian) with the program gajim.

Assuming you can't get into Ardour for whatever reason, links are also provided on the support page...

http://ardour.org/support

See 'Online Chat'

Seablade