JACK has either been shutdown or it disconnected Ardour because Ardour was not fast enough

I am getting strange Jack disconnects with Ardour and Mixbus. Things load up, and connect to my Jack server fine, I can play or record for a minute then it bombs with an error:

"JACK has either been shutdown or it disconnected Ardour because Ardour was not fast enough. Try to restart JACK, reconnect and save the session."

Jack logs show:

unknown source port in attempted connection [ardour:master/out 1]
unknown source port in attempted connection [ardour:master/out 1]
subgraph starting at ardour-01 timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=24, status = 0, state = Triggered, pollret = 0 revents = 0x0)
subgraph starting at ardour-01 timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=24, status = 0, state = Running, pollret = 0 revents = 0x0)

I am using AVLinux 5, with threadirqs, rtirq and a USB audio device:
brian@defiant:~$ uname -a
Linux defiant 2.6.39.1.avl.1 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jun 2 23:59:52 EDT 2011 i686 GNU/Linux

Other Jack apps work fine like Hydrogen and Guitarix. Any ideas why this is happening?

Hi,

Does this only occur with the USB Audio device? Do you have an onboard audio device you can try to determine if it is limited to USB?

I’ve have the exact same issues with jack1, I don’t have any problems with jack2 tho, you could try that.

@farmer: that’s because jack2 doesn’t care if a client doesn’t get its work done “in time”.

I know, that’s what you told me on irc some time ago :wink: but hey, it works… and haven’t noticed any clicks, pops or any other strange issues with jack2… even when I run jack1 I don’t hear any clicks or get any xruns… ardour and other clients are simply kicked off the server…

/Rytmenpinne