Ardour 3.0alpha10_10000-dbg Session Open Problem

Hi, I’ve been using Ardour 3 to record some sessions and, after mixing them on Thursday, I saved and closed them. When I came back this morning to review the mixes, I tried opening the sessions up and got the following error:

XML parser error: StartTag: invalid element nameXML parser error: StartTag: invalid element nameardour-3.0: /usr/local/include/boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp:418: T* boost::shared_ptr::operator->() const [with T = ARDOUR::Panner]: Assertion `px != 0’ failed.

Anyone know what it means or how to work around it? The sessions have a .bak file so I can get back to where I was before I did the mixing on Thursday but it’s a lot of work to have to write off.

Thanks

Steven

I can confirm that one. It happens to alpha10 as well as to svn10067.

This really needs bringing up on IRC or reporting on Mantis. Otherwise it will probably not get addressed. The forums are not the place for Ardour3 bugs or discussions.

I did some further analysis on that and I am about to post it to Mantis. The only thing is, that Mantis does not send me a password, when I am trying to set up an account.

Get on IRC and catch me there(Will probably be at least tomorrow or Monday), I will look into your Mantis issue. As chrisg mentioned, you shouldn’t be discussing A3 on the forums at this point.

Seablade

Apologies, I just wasn’t sure where else to post.

Fixed it by deleting all the Aux Sends I’d created out of the .ardour file for the session. I tried recreating the sends and got the same problem. This is only seems to be a problem with the Aux Sends, not normal Sends which work OK.