Customizable favourites plugin menu?

3 replies [Last post]
LeatusPenguin
User offline. Last seen 2 days 20 hours ago. Offline
Just wondering if any consideration has been given to this idea. I have a lot of plugins i add to favourites. Even so, it still gets confusing with a list that extends from the top of your screen to the bottom. What if the menus could be customized? Is this doable? My idea would be to have sub menus (also customizable) for eq, compression, reverb, etc and then be able to place your plugins in these sub menus. It would also be nice if it was possible to edit the names of plugins. Would make it much easier to look for what you want to get to. Just a thought.

paul
paul's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 day 12 hours ago. Offline
@leatusPenguin: already implemented. Go the plugin manager. Click on the left-hand side column to mark any plugins you want in the favorites list. Then try the "Favorites" menu ... tada.

Organizing into categories is much, much more difficult: most plugins don't come with accurate categories and providing a way for the user to specify categories is really very complex. You can re-order the plugin manager list by type, of course.

Xperienced
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 20 hours ago. Offline
You missed the point. His Favorites menu is already so full it spans the screen from top to bottom, what he wants is to be able to make custom submenus within the Favorites menu - of arbitrary name, categories was just an example, the key word is "custom".

I only have 5 plugs on my Favorites list, but I can definitely see this being useful to other people.

LeatusPenguin
User offline. Last seen 2 days 20 hours ago. Offline
@Xperienced: That's exactly it. I like the favourites menu but it can get full very quickly and there is not a way, not that i'm aware of, of organising even the order. If it could be set up like the categories submenu it would allow quick and easy access to your plugins. I don't know how much work it would be but to be able to create categories such as eq, compression, reverb, etc and place your plugins in there would be a great improvement.