Sync Video (Jadeo) with Ardour via JACK (Mac)

Hi there,

I’m new to Ardour and a complete noob (I’ll happily put my hand up to that!) and I’m trying to figure out how to sync Audio and Video playback so that I can edit audio for a short animation but I can’t seem to get it to work or find any decent step by step instructions.

If anyone has any advice I’d surely appreciate it.

Thanks.

You will want to use Jadeo for video playback, set Jadeo and Ardour both to Jack Sync, and it should be fine.

Can’t give more info at this moment, but see if that helps.

Seablade

Hi Seablade,

Thanks for getting back to me. I still seem to be having issues. I have Vision and Audio both with timecode but I can’t seem to work out how to make Jadeo or Ardour a slave / master.

Under Jadeo > Sync I have JACK selected

Under Ardour I can see that JACK is connected and the separate Jack app is up and running. Under Options/Sync there is Send MTC, Send MMC, Use MMC … am I missing something? There’s no actual sync via JACK type option that I can see.

In Ardour under Preference/Sync it just has the SMPTE Offset and a couple of check boxes (SMPTE offset is negative & Timecode source is sample-clock synced)

Any thoughts on what I’m missing here?

The only other thing I thought it might be is that I can’t see Jadeo under Routing in JACK (Ardour is there).

hello,
you set now jack to be the master.

that is the button just next to the right to the transport buttons.
it is not in the menu…

cheers,
doc

In Ardour, to the right of the clocks is a dropdown you can choose your sync source, typically it is set to Internal, but in your case needs to be set to Jack.

Seablade

Brilliant! Got it, thanks guys, appreciate the help, work a treat now.