crashed on kubuntu 11.10

the system hangs at startup and exit this screen in my kubuntu 11.10
you have any idea?
Thank’s

"Ardour 2.8.11
(built using 7387 and GCC version 4.6.1)
Copyright © 1999-2008 Paul Davis
Some portions Copyright © Steve Harris, Ari Johnson, Brett Viren, Joel Baker

Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see the source for copying conditions.
sto caricando il file predefinito di configurazione ui /etc/ardour2/ardour2_ui_default.conf
Loading ui configuration file /etc/ardour2/ardour2_ui_dark.rc
theme_init() called from internal clearlooks engine
ardour: [INFO]: Ardour will be limited to 4096 open files
loading system configuration file /etc/ardour2/ardour_system.rc
ardour: [INFO]: No H/W specific optimizations in use
ardour: [INFO]: looking for control protocols in /home/fabio/.ardour2/surfaces/:/usr/lib/ardour2/surfaces/
ardour: [INFO]: Control surface protocol discovered: “Mackie”
ardour: [INFO]: Control protocol Tranzport not usable
ardour: [INFO]: Control surface protocol discovered: “Generic MIDI”
powermate: Opening of powermate failed - File o directory non esistente
ardour: [INFO]: Control protocol powermate not usable
Caught PixbufError: Impossibile riconoscere il formato di immagine per il file «/usr/share/ardour2/icons/fader_belt.png»
ardour: [ERROR]: could not initialize Ardour.
ardour: [ERROR]: Impossibile creare l’interfaccia di Ardour"

Yea something is screwed up in your installation. It can’t find some of the images needed to draw Ardour’s interface and is crashing as a result. Does “/usr/share/ardour2/icons/fader_belt.png” exist? I would strongly recommend trying the download from this site and seeing fi that fixes your problem, it likely will.

Seablade

Thank’s seablade!
I don’t know why, this is a fresh 64bit installation. Jack is ok. /usr/share/ardour2/icons/fader_belt.png is ok.
Now i try the download from site and reinstall ardour.

Bafio66

If you download the binary from the site, no installation is necessary, it is all self contained and you can just run it from whereever you decompress the download from.

Seablade

Looks to me as though the file is being found, but for some reason (Gdk) is not recognizing the (.png) format - installing the standalone 2.8.12 should fix this, as it will include its own (compatible) Gtk and Gdk but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was just more breakage in *buntu 11.10 and from personal experience I would recommend staying with (or reverting to) 10.04 LTS which was the last Ubuntu version that (in my opinion) actually worked.

JFTR: I had the same problem with the version shipped by Ubuntu 12.04. It worked after recreating the files fader_belt.png and fader_belt_h.png using pngtopnm | pnmtopng.