Jack-1.9.7 + Ardour Beta 1a + Bristol = no midi sound

I recently updated to the new Ardour Beta 1a, and my midi keyboard does not produce any sound and the ardour track does not seem to receive signal. I have a patchbay set up that was working on Ardour 2.8.12 and also Ardour alpha 10, however after the update no sound.

I route midi -> Bristol -> Ardour track called Moog

Note: that I do not create a midi track but a stereo track called moog and works fine.

I read on the comments of Ardour Beta 1a, that the only way to play midi is through AU plugins.
can anyone tell me which AU plugin they use to connect or maybe give me some hints on how to do it ?

As has been mentioned before: this forum is not a “support” forum to resolve individual user’s software setup issues, for ardour2, much less so for Ardour3.

well, actually, that’s a bit harsh. we do provide “individual” help on “software setup” a lot. but (a) yeah, this is an ardour3 issue, which means that we asked you not to use the forums for that (b) there’s a lot of confusion in the request, because “AU” plugins are OS X only, and the poster appears to be on Linux.

@luizmartines: please use the mailing list and/or IRC to get help with your issue, as you were asked to do in the splash screen that comes up when you start the beta.

I’m sorry what are the forums for again ?
@seb how am i supposed to know if its “individual user’s software setup issues” if I dont communicate it.

I’m not a noob and I can figure it out by my self, after all I use Gentoo, but the noobs would just get discouraged by those comments.

Now I know I got to go to the IRC to find answers but if people are going to give me these kind of answers why waste my time.
Nobody wants to be treated like an idiot.

@luizmartines: the problem with forums is that they are very slow as a means of interacting with people. when you’re juggling hundreds of user reports/issues/requests, it just isn’t practical to be interacting this way. on IRC, we can talk in realtime, and generally get a problem either resolved, or identified as a genuine issue, much more quickly. more satisfaction all around, as long as you can be there in the UTC-5h zone (US Eastern) during some part of a day.

I'm sorry what are the forums for again ?

Among other things for discussing released versions of the software. A beta version is not considered released, even though we are doing an open beta testing period.

I'm not a noob and I can figure it out by my self, after all I use Gentoo, but the noobs would just get discouraged by those comments. Now I know I got to go to the IRC to find answers but if people are going to give me these kind of answers why waste my time.

We don’t expect at this stage of the game for a ‘noob’ to be using A3, which is not yet released. Nor do we encourage, and in fact in most cases you will find it discouraged, for good reason.

It was also requested not to use these forums for A3 support in the first screen you should have seen with any alpha or beta upon launch, and that in those screens IIRC it is mentioned to use the mailing lists or IRC.

You point about getting the same type of response is a bit moot consider the response you got was to use IRC.

Seablade

PS AU plugins only apply to OS X, not Linux, as was alluded to above, so you completely misunderstood that post which was probably made by me. Also it appears you have a VI outside of Ardour that you are using, which means that it wouldn’t apply in your case anyways since you are not using MIDI tracks at all apparently.

ok