All exports from Ardour are unplayable! :(
I had a relatively simple project to work on tonight, so I decided to give it a try in Ardour. Everything seemed ok, and I was happy with the way the project sounded, when I got to exporting it.
So far I've tried literally every export format that Ardour supposed and they all do the same thing (well, all except flac-- for that I get an error saying it doesn't actually know that format): the file is created and has data, but if I try to play it in Totem (which I've confirmed works for other files) it gets a track length, but any attempt to play it just does... nothing. It doesn't even advance through the track. If I import into Audacity it can read the waveform fine, but again any attempt to play it just causes Audacity to sit there. I even tried importing into Audacity and then exporting from there as an mp3 and the problem persists.
I'm running Ardour 2.8.6 on a fully updated Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid. I've search around for answers but, while I have seen some references to the problem, particularly with .wav exports, I haven't found a solution. I would *really* hate to lose all the work I've done because I can't get my project out of Ardour. Halp!