Ardour Hardware for Linux (Line 6 Pod Studio UX1 with Pod Farm)

4 replies [Last post]
jpesquibel
User offline. Last seen 2 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Hello All. I didn't check to see if this topic already existed, but will this work well with Ardour:

Line 6 Pod Studio UX1 with Pod Farm

If not, do you suggest another piece of hardware like this?

Thanks

LeatusPenguin
User offline. Last seen 3 days 2 min ago. Offline
As far as i'm aware Pod farm is not available for Linux. I do recall seeing drivers for line 6 pods in the Ubuntu repositories awhile ago but i assume it's for older versions. Maybe someone can correct me but i would imagine newer versions aren't supported and unless you can successfully run Pod Farm in wine (which probably wouldn't support jack) i'd look into alternatives. Guitarix is a good amp simulator for Linux. You could try that out.

http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/

jpesquibel
Thanks! I'll look into it. What midi interface should I use? I'm just afraid i'm going to buy the wrong hardware. What do you like to use?

LeatusPenguin
User offline. Last seen 3 days 2 min ago. Offline
I use an M-Audio Delta 1010. I find it very good and it is recognised out of the box on Linux. If it's within your budget, and has the features you need, i'd recommend it.

Have a look at this thread. It covers a lot about audio interfaces that work with Ardour/Linux -

http://ardour.org/node/2306

If possible, go with a PCI based interface. Also USB interfaces are hit and miss (USB 1.1 has dreadful latency and USB 2.0 compatible interfaces are few and far between) so make sure you do your research on what works before purchasing anything. There are links in that thread that will lead you in the right direction. Best of luck

jpesquibel
Excellent! thanks for the heads up!