Bounce in real time?

I’m interested in trying Tom Szilagy’s IR convolution reverb. http://factorial.hu/plugins/lv2/ir

Tom makes this observation:

“You may or may not run into issues when freewheeling (eg. Ardour session export). In effect, zita-convolver does not wait for its worker threads to complete, so if the library is called too often (not in realtime), there may be “soft xruns” in the plugin’s output. Please listen to the output carefully, or bounce in realtime.”

How would one bounce in real time?

Thanks again! Paul H

"You may or may not run into issues when freewheeling (eg. Ardour session export). In effect, zita-convolver does not wait for its worker threads to complete, so if the library is called too often (not in realtime), there may be "soft xruns" in the plugin's output. Please listen to the output carefully, or bounce in realtime."

Surely this means the plugin is broken? On any other system / DAW / plugins etc I’ve ever used, on any OS, I would expect that occasional x-runs in realtime would go away when exporting a project offline. In a non-realtime (offline) situation, the integrity of the output should improve (i.e. be perfect) not degrade.

@PaulRH, simply record the Master Outputs to a track would be bouncing in realtime. Obviously make sure that track is muted or not routed to the master to prevent feedback loops, but nothing more than that.

That being said, I thought that Fons fixed that in zita a while back, I could be wrong however.

Seablade

Thanks guys.

@seablade: The info from Tom’s web site is several months old. I’ll have a look through the latest zita and check.

Cheers. Paul H