Hello everyone, first post here :)
I submit for your aural perusal, a track created using Ardour 2.8.12 on my Debian Sid box.
Fiirst, a quick tech spec:
CPU: Core 2 Duo (E8400) Soundcard: Integrated Realtek HDA Intel, ALC889A.
Microphone: Maplin EM-268 Type: Electret condenser (stereo).
I'm really liking this DAW as my music creation tool of choice. I went to and fro between Ardour and Audacity, both have their own approach to work flow and can do what I require.
I did have a couple of head scratching moments, notably correct exporting of work (wav).
I couldn't understand why track levels were noticably different to the project data. It turned out to
be a auto-connecting route issue (I simply expected master outs only to be used). I even chained Audacity for a while, until I finally worked it out.
The percussion track, courtesy of Chris Turner, is the basis for the finished item.
Warning: Fade in slow.
Anyway, here it is:-