"Multing" Tracks

5 replies [Last post]
ssj71
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 38 min ago. Offline
I like to "mult" tracks (put region(s) from one track into another) so that I can use different plugin sets for different sections i.e. choruses and bridge etc.

I know I can just move the region to another track, but often it takes a bit of cajoling to get it aligned to the correct time. Is there an "easy" way to do this? I tried using the grid options but since tracks rarely line up exactly it didn't help much.

nowhiskey
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 7 hours ago. Offline
if i undestand you correctly - ctrl+grab the region with the middle mouse button, and that's it.

cheers,
doc

LeatusPenguin
User offline. Last seen 2 days 19 hours ago. Offline
Try out the various edit modes (slide edit, slice edit, lock edit) from the toolbar. If you use the lock edit mode it will lock regions to the timeline while also allowing them to be moved between tracks.

ssj71
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 38 min ago. Offline
Lock edit was what I was looking for. Turns out ctl+grab makes a copy which will come in handy for making virtual double tracks but wasn't what I was looking for. Thank you both!

Ricardus
Ricardus's picture
User offline. Last seen 21 hours 55 min ago. Offline
Just grab it with the middle mouse button, without the using the CNTRL button. That should do it. I don't think you have to change any edit modes for that.

You should download the ardour key-bindings PDF, it lists all of those short cuts.

Not sure where that is, anyone have a link?

LeatusPenguin
User offline. Last seen 2 days 19 hours ago. Offline
Here's the link -

http://ardour.org/files/ardour-2.8.3-bindings-x.pdf