linuxDSP VC2B Vintage Compressor V1.0.2 released

7 replies [Last post]
linuxdsp
linuxdsp's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 day 17 hours ago. Offline
The linuxDSP VC2B Vintage Compressor V1.0.2 is available. As usual this is a free upgrade for anyone who has already purchased previous versions. This update adds significant new / improved features:

32 and 64Bit linuxVST 2.4 support.
Basic JACK session support.
Automatic GUI upscaling - improves usability on hi-res screens.
Physical Control Weighting - replicates the 'feel' of high quality rotary controls.
Transformer-coupled side chain - improves LF dynamics.
Approx 50% less CPU / DSP compared to previous versions.

Intended as a master buss compressor, the VC2B is ideal for use with the PEQ-2A Vintage Pultec EQ.

This update includes self-contained executable installers, together with the usual Ubuntu / debian .deb files and 'raw' binaries. Anyone installing the .deb files should ensure any previous versions are removed first using the system package manager. Full installation instructions in the manual.

More information and free demo here:

http://www.linuxdsp.co.uk

Ricardus
Ricardus's picture
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 28 min ago. Offline
Can't wait to get it!

stanlea
User offline. Last seen 1 week 3 days ago. Offline
Now I think I caught them all (except the guitat fx's).

Next one is .... ? (I know the answer :) )

ahellquist
User offline. Last seen 21 hours 2 min ago. Offline
@Stanlea I too have all except Guitar fx's :-) Just bought the VC2B 10 seconds ago.

How can I learn whats in the pipe ? I am really curious ;-)

/Anders

ahellquist
User offline. Last seen 21 hours 2 min ago. Offline
@LinuxDSP

Just some positive feedback.
The new installer is really good ! Easy to use and still compliant with the package management in Debian/Ubuntu.

/Anders

LeatusPenguin
User offline. Last seen 3 days 4 hours ago. Offline
I have all except for the graphic eq, which I never personally saw a use for as I see graphic eq's more as live tools. Other than that I have found them all to be of high quality and I love fixes like this that are free upgrades. Away from home at the moment but looking forward to upgrading. Really interested to see the way the metering is now implemented :)

For anyone who doesn't have the guitar fx plugins, give them a go. I use them more often than I though I would. If you have something that's not cutting through, the bundle is perfect for helping you out. I love the distortion plugin for parallel distortion.

They sound great on guitars but they are great on other sources too. Maybe if they were rack units instead of pedals people might not just label them as for guitar :) They are capable of much more.

anahata
anahata's picture
User offline. Last seen 19 hours 9 min ago. Offline
I have all except for the graphic eq

Whatever you're used to, I suppose, but I l love the MkII graph EQ!

Mainly because it's not really a graphic EQ, but a parametric with a perfect user interface.

LeatusPenguin
User offline. Last seen 3 days 4 hours ago. Offline
@anahata : I love the MkII graph EQ too. I use it all the time and agree with you. What i meant was the GR-EQ2 which is now in their archived plugins.