Burn In LADPSA Effects To Track

Ok. I’ve noticed with my increasingly critical ear, that I’m experiencing slight garbled
dropouts on a particular track.
I am using TAP EQ and chorus/flanger plugins on said track. If I disable the plugins the problem disappears.
How can I apply the effect to the recording , so that I can disable the plugins when exporting to WAV?

I know how it’s done in Audacity but not Ardour.
Help gratefully received. :slight_smile:

P.S. Searched forum and manual, but nothing came to light. :o

@Fire_String: there is no need to use audacity for this. just re-record the track within Ardour itself.

“Are you saying that you do not hear the dropouts when you mix, but you do when you export?”

Good point actually. This may not help any (unless confusion helps), but sometimes it is noticeable sometimes not in either scenario. I’ve tried stopping unnecessary daemons, playing with fragments etc, with no clear outcome.

“If so maybe you could create a new track and record to it using the old track plus plugins, then make the old track inactive (right click on track name in region below fader).”

I think I get your point. This is where Audacity comes in. Export the track to WAV, apply effects in Audacity, then re-import the track back in to Ardour. The original track can be deactivated and hidden, should I change my mind ;). I will probably end up doing this anyway.
That said, I searched Debian repos and found more plugins to try. Will see what works.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Are you saying that you do not hear the dropouts when you mix, but you do when you export? If so maybe you could create a new track and record to it using the old track plus plugins, then make the old track inactive (right click on track name in region below fader).

I'm experiencing slight garbled dropouts on a particular track.

You could try some different plugins… here:

http://www.linuxdsp.co.uk