Sending multiple mono channels to stereo bus, maintaining pan position

Hi Everyone -

Using Mixbus, I assume Ardour is the same…(?) I have several mono channels that I like to group to stereo busses for further processing. Using the actual mix busses in Mixbus isn’t exactly optimal with the way I prefer to work (they would be used up rather quickly). For example, I like to group multiple kick drum mics to a group, same with multi snare mics… these can obviously be routed into mono busses, so not a problem.

Let’s get to something more pertaining to the topic… overhead mics. If I want to group four overhead mics (overhead left, overhead right, hihat, and ride) and keep the pan position (hihat and ride) what could I do?

The only way I’ve seen so far is to put two send on the mono track, send one to the bus’ left input and the other send to the right input. Obviously from there I control the pan with the send levels to the respective channels (ie if I want the channel slightly panned right, I turn the volume down in left channel send).

Any other way? Some way that I am missing?

Thanks.

Silly me…

I sweated over this for a few days and I just now found the answer… I took my HiHat track and added two outs and a fader appeared :slight_smile: (palm in face)