ladspa installation problems

hey!

i have some trouble getting the ladspa sdk installed. after extracting and running make in the ladspa_sdk/src directory i get the following message:

cc -I. -Wall -Werror -O3 -fPIC -ldl -lm \ -o ../bin/analyseplugin \ analyseplugin.o load.o default.o analyseplugin.o: In function `main': analyseplugin.c:(.text.startup+0x9a): undefined reference to `dlerror' analyseplugin.c:(.text.startup+0xb0): undefined reference to `dlsym' analyseplugin.c:(.text.startup+0x150): undefined reference to `log10' analyseplugin.c:(.text.startup+0x295): undefined reference to `log10' analyseplugin.c:(.text.startup+0x3e1): undefined reference to `log10' analyseplugin.c:(.text.startup+0xcd5): undefined reference to `log' analyseplugin.c:(.text.startup+0xcf0): undefined reference to `log' analyseplugin.c:(.text.startup+0xd0c): undefined reference to `exp' analyseplugin.c:(.text.startup+0xd2c): undefined reference to `sqrtf' analyseplugin.c:(.text.startup+0xd50): undefined reference to `log' analyseplugin.c:(.text.startup+0xd6b): undefined reference to `log' analyseplugin.c:(.text.startup+0xe5b): undefined reference to `dlerror' load.o: In function `dlopenLADSPA.constprop.0': load.c:(.text+0xc2): undefined reference to `dlopen' load.c:(.text+0x1d4): undefined reference to `dlopen' load.c:(.text+0x22b): undefined reference to `dlopen' load.o: In function `loadLADSPAPluginLibrary': load.c:(.text+0x272): undefined reference to `dlerror' load.o: In function `unloadLADSPAPluginLibrary': load.c:(.text+0x2c7): undefined reference to `dlclose' load.o: In function `findLADSPAPluginDescriptor': load.c:(.text+0x2e3): undefined reference to `dlerror' load.c:(.text+0x2f9): undefined reference to `dlsym' load.c:(.text+0x338): undefined reference to `dlerror' collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück make: *** [../bin/analyseplugin] Fehler 1

i suppose that this is some basic stuff, but unfortunately i’m pretty new to this whole terminal thing. so apologies, if anyone’s annoyed by it and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

What are you trying to do? I mean, I know what you are trying to do, but what do you want to achieve? And on what distribution are you trying to do this?

basically and in the end, i would like to build the sdk, so that i can use it and furthermore use the plugins. and yes, i should’ve mentioned it in the first place: ubuntu oneiric ocelot.

I’ve just tried to build the sdk on 12.04 - I had to modify the makefile (it seems the linker adopted by Ubuntu in recent versions is pedantic about the order of its command line arguments). I’m not sure how actively the ladspa sdk is maintained, or maybe there is a version specifically packaged for recent ubuntu

well … that was easy. pretty stupid idea not to think about repos. thanks for the tip. maybe i should try harder next time … sorry for bothering you guys.

what is wrong with ladspa-sdk in ubuntu?
Why do you want to compile it your own, if it is available in the repo’s?

http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/sound/ladspa-sdk

i couldn’t find any specialized version for ubuntu. could you post the modifications you or send it me otherwise? it’d be greatly appreciated!