32 ch RME raydat soundcard with linux ?

I need to use all 32 adat channels of my RME raydat soundcard with ubuntu studio or other distro - will it work ?
I am not actually planning to usse ardour but a wavefield synthesis program with pure data or supercollider or something - but I was told on the ubuntu forum that this was the best place to ask about soundcard compatibility issues…

In terminal : sudo modprobe snd_hdspm ?
um ok - how can I tell if its loaded ?

snd_hdspm, is the name of the module, not a command.

Loading the module on commandline is like this:

sudo modprobe snd_hdspm

Hi yes - I worked that out a you were replying - so it just goes back to my user name - how can I tell if the module is loaded now ?

type lsmod and if loaded it should be listed there with the rest of loaded or running modules…

if you type dmesg you should probably see some text at the end indicating the card beeing initialized.

You’ll probably need to load the module by the name “snd_hdspm”

If the module is not compiled in the stock kernel of what distro you use, you will probably need the compile the kernel by your own,
wich is not that complicated.

There is probably a howto compile the kernel on the distro that you use.

aha ! Thankyou seablade .
Actually I~ think it isnt already installed terminal told me :
“Module hdspm not found.”
so how do I load/install it into my system ?
Thankyou for your patience.

hdspm is a kernel module, not a kernel. It may already be installed and just needs to be loaded via a sudo modprobe hdspm

Seablade

It should work.

You should use the hdspm kernel module for this card.

So far as i can see, it was already supported by linux kernel 3.0, maybe sooner also.
If you use a recent distro it never should be a problem.