New Song: Amplifier (Alternative/Prog)

5 replies [Last post]
expanding_flan
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline
Hey there, I'm new to the forum, but not as new to Ardour ;) This is the first recording I finished using Ardour and Hydrogen:

http://soundcloud.com/expanding_flan/amplifier

I did no elaborate mixing or remastering, as I want to re-recording this sometime using real amps or better amp simulation.

Thank's for listening!

Ricardus
Ricardus's picture
User offline. Last seen 8 hours 41 min ago. Offline
Drop the whole first 59 seconds and have the song begin there.

Needs lyrics. I don't think it's strong enough as an instrumental.

It definitely has some interesting and strong moments, but needs to be built upon and produced.

isaacj87
isaacj87's picture
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Dang! When the song finally kicks in around the 1:30 mark, it sounds really nice. I, too, have a Behringer V-AMP 2 and I'm impressed with the sounds/tone you were able to get out of it.

I think adding some vocals would definitely spice up the mix some more.

expanding_flan
Thank's for the comments, guys! About the vocals: I'd definitely do some if I was a decent singer, but I'm not :/

@isaacj87: The V-Amp 2 isn't the best amp modeling device, but dubbing certainly helps ;) (guitars have at least 1 overdub most of the time)

Cheers!

LeatusPenguin
User offline. Last seen 1 week 5 days ago. Offline
I have to disagree with the others. I like it as an instrumental. Then again i am into a lot of post rock instrumental bands that have similar sounds. Really enjoyed it though :) Reminds me of some of Pelicans more recent material.

Out of curiousity, what amp model did you use for the distorted rhythm guitar in the back? I'm another V-amp 2 user :)

expanding_flan
LOL, I thought the V-Amp 2 was _ancient_! My settings for the song are:

Amp: Drive-Vamp, Bass at 2, Mid at 3, Treble at 12 and Gain between 12 and 3 o'clock. A little bit of delay and reverb also.

Anyways, I share your appreciation for instrumental music and it's nice of you say it's convincing :)

Cheers!