New Song: Amplifier (Alternative/Prog)

5 replies [Last post]
expanding_flan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Hey there, I'm new to the forum, but not as new to Ardour ;) This is the first recording I finished using Ardour and Hydrogen:

http://soundcloud.com/expanding_flan/amplifier

I did no elaborate mixing or remastering, as I want to re-recording this sometime using real amps or better amp simulation.

Thank's for listening!

Ricardus
Ricardus's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 57 min ago. Offline
Drop the whole first 59 seconds and have the song begin there.

Needs lyrics. I don't think it's strong enough as an instrumental.

It definitely has some interesting and strong moments, but needs to be built upon and produced.

isaacj87
isaacj87's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 year 36 weeks ago. Offline
Dang! When the song finally kicks in around the 1:30 mark, it sounds really nice. I, too, have a Behringer V-AMP 2 and I'm impressed with the sounds/tone you were able to get out of it.

I think adding some vocals would definitely spice up the mix some more.

expanding_flan
Thank's for the comments, guys! About the vocals: I'd definitely do some if I was a decent singer, but I'm not :/

@isaacj87: The V-Amp 2 isn't the best amp modeling device, but dubbing certainly helps ;) (guitars have at least 1 overdub most of the time)

Cheers!

LeatusPenguin
User offline. Last seen 1 day 18 hours ago. Offline
I have to disagree with the others. I like it as an instrumental. Then again i am into a lot of post rock instrumental bands that have similar sounds. Really enjoyed it though :) Reminds me of some of Pelicans more recent material.

Out of curiousity, what amp model did you use for the distorted rhythm guitar in the back? I'm another V-amp 2 user :)

expanding_flan
LOL, I thought the V-Amp 2 was _ancient_! My settings for the song are:

Amp: Drive-Vamp, Bass at 2, Mid at 3, Treble at 12 and Gain between 12 and 3 o'clock. A little bit of delay and reverb also.

Anyways, I share your appreciation for instrumental music and it's nice of you say it's convincing :)

Cheers!