Live Looping ideas
Hi everyone! Paul this stuff is brilliant! I'm new to Ardour (on 2.8.12) and quite amazed. I can't wait to do something with it musically that brings me an income so I can send a more significant donation.
I know Ardour is not Ableton Live, but I can almost see it working for live looping sessions alongside Sooper Looper. Essentially I want Ardour to loop plugins/ effects over the audio from SooperLooper. Any suggestions to make this work would be welcome.
Here's what I've been doing:
1. Get multiple loops going on SooperLooper
2. Use Jack to send each SL loop to individual tracks in Ardour for effects/ plugins.
3. Set Ardour to play a 4 or 8 bar loop constantly at same BPM as SooperLooper.
4. With SL loops going thru Ardour, I can automate fx parameters over the looped section on the Ardour timeline. This is the tricky part (not practical for live setting) because I have to switch between write and play in order for the effects to be automated(write) and then looped (play).
So, this leaves me with a few questions (or feature requests):
1. Is there a MIDI programmable way to toggle between write and play functions for automations? A MIDI command for write/play on each automation for each effect parameter would essentially make my set-up functional in a live setting.
2. Can Ardour be set up to receive its BPM and Loop length from Sooper Looper?