Audio output with Ardour

Hello everyone,

I suppose this is pretty basic but anyway… I have problems playing files with Ardour. I have imported WAV-files to project and when playing graph indicates that music is being played but I can’t get any sound out. What should I do?

Kimmo

Hello Kimmo,

as for routing and connecting the tracks and master bus etc. maybe it might help you to look into the Ardour manual:
http://en.flossmanuals.net/ardour/ch024_understanding-routing/

I was just about to start describing how I have solved those problems, but unfortunately I only have the German version of Ardour, so I fear I wouldn’t use the correct English terminology… :slight_smile:

Good luck
Michael

Did you connect The output of the masterbus to your fysical output on your soundcard that you selected al device?
You can do this easy with qjackctl.

I just noticed that I wrote some erraneous information. Sorry.

I have taken WAV-loop to the Ardour. When I click play bar next to WAV-loop name starts to alternate. Meter, tempo, range markers, loop/punch ranges, cd markers and location markers don’t display any information when I start to play.

So meter only has 4/4, underneath it is 120,00. Both of the numbers have red marker in front of them.

Ardour version is 2.8.12. All the other music files play correctly, e.g. in rhytm box.

Kimmo

I meant the meter on the fader when I wrote graph. I have got only one interface selectable from Ardour session control. It is ALC1200 Analog. Qjackctl shows “Default” as interface. There are options and I went through all the options but managed to get no sound.

Meter still displays sound coming out. In qjackctl I have no possibilities to choose ALC1200 Analog.

Kimmo