Move automation events

3 replies [Last post]
Erdie
Erdie's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 day 19 hours ago. Offline
I am creating radioplays and I am using a very big amount of automation events.

If I need to insert something at the beginning of a project, I can just mark all regions and move them to the right - no issue so far. But unfortuately this does not work with the automation, it will not be moved with the regions. This causes me to loose days of work if I need to insert something at the beginning of a project because I need to recreate all automation. Is there a workaround for this issue?

LeatusPenguin
User offline. Last seen 1 week 6 days ago. Offline
This is a shortcoming of Ardour 2 which has been addressed in Ardour 3. Ardour 3 is now in it's final beta so hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer. Depending on how happy you are to work with a Beta, you could try it out. I have found it to be very usable and stable.

seablade
User offline. Last seen 10 hours 23 min ago. Offline
Word of advice, start projects at a timecode location other than 00:00:00.00. I use, and it is common in video at least from my understanding to use, 01:00:00.00 instead. This way if you need to add anything to the beginning it is a simple matter of moving the start marker back to provide room.

Other than this as LeatusPenguin said, this is possible in A3, not in A2.

Seablade

Erdie
Erdie's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 day 19 hours ago. Offline
Hi,

thanks for this hint. I will do that next time. This time I will create a separate project and merge it together.

Erdie