Compiling ardour2 with VST plugins compatibility

Hi all,
I’m trying to compile ardour2 with VST plugins compatibility downloaded by svn, but I have two problems:

The first one, when I try to run:

scons VST=1

It returns this:

scons: Reading SConscript files …
ImportError: No module named platform:
File “SConstruct”, line 10:
import platform

I can solve this commenting that line, but it might not be the best option.

The second problem appears running the same command (with the line commented):

Package jack was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing jack.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'jack' found Package libxml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containinglibxml-2.0.pc’
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package ‘libxml-2.0’ found

And the list follows. First I tought that I hadn’t these programs but, for example jack, is running perfectly. If I try to find jack.pc using locate it sais jack.pc doesn’t exist.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks a lot.

You need to install development packages for the dependencies which scons tells you are missing.

And what about the first error ? Do you know how to solve it ?

Really thanks, installing -dev files solve the second problem :wink:

Which version of scons do you have installed? The platform module should be included in scons.

me@mycomputer:$ scons -v SCons by Steven Knight et al.: script: v0.96.1.D001, 2004/08/23 09:55:29, by knight on casablanca engine: v0.96.1.D001, 2004/08/23 09:55:29, by knight on casablanca Copyright (c) 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 The SCons Foundation

How can I unclude it ?

Thanks again

I’ve updated the scons version and the problem has desapeared.

Thanks a lot.

You don’t have the development package for wine / libwine (depends on your distro) installed.

Another time right sampo, I hope this will be my last question.

Now I’ve done “scons VST=1” and “scons install” without any error prompted (both commands finish with “scons: done building targets.”)

But when I run

ardourvst

the terminal propmts this:

Warning: Language ‘ca_AD’ was not recognized, defaulting to ‘ca_ES’.
wine: could not load L"Z:\usr\local\lib\ardour2\ardour_vst.exe.so": Bad EXE format for

I don’t mind about the locales warnings, but ardour doesn’t start because of the last error.

Any ideas to solve it?

Hmm… Do you have previous installations of 2.0 on your system? That sounds like you got one with vst enabled in PREFIX=/usr/local and maybe another one without vst in PREFIX=/usr .

Greetings.

Tried to build with VST &
got the following error:

./configure: line 1269: syntax error near unexpected token $PACKAGE,' ./configure: line 1269:AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE($PACKAGE, $VERSION)’
scons: *** [libs/sigc++2/sigc++config.h] Error 2
scons: building terminated because of errors.

What can it be?

Distro elive 0.5 (Debian unstable)…

You are probably missing auto* packages. Try installing at least automake and autoconf and try again.