New EQ10Q version is released

40 replies [Last post]
Francois
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 20 hours ago. Offline
LinuxDSP is doing a fantastic job.
It is nice to have actual dev's here in the forum.
Even the head Dev's like Paul and Carl being such a presence in forums and help is a rarity among the software world. I am in other forums where you almost never hear from the dev's or plugin makers.

Much goodwill from me towards all Linux VST and LV2 plugin developers like LinuxDSP and Loomer.
We should cherish people like these.
LinuxDSP endured some hard time's, going through periods of low income but he kept the dream alive and are still at it. Also charging a pittance for very good products.

We should remember that these people's skills is in high demand.
As a business person myself I understand you have to market.
And the way he create brand awareness by actually helping people, giving advice is not the same as spamming. LinuxDSP is a knowledge contributor here and I am grateful for it.

dsreyes1014
User offline. Last seen 6 hours 23 min ago. Offline
great work on the eq!!!!

Ricardus
Ricardus's picture
User offline. Last seen 6 hours 6 min ago. Offline
LinuxDSP is a top notch DSP guy and developer. He is clearly trying to help the sapista. Relax.

That said, I can't wait until sapista clears a few more hurdles so I can add this to my plugin FAV list.

joegiampaoli
joegiampaoli's picture
User offline. Last seen 23 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
When Paul starts placing linuxdsp's comments and posts in the Hall of Shame then we'll know linuxdsp went a bit too far, but for now I think linuxdsp has done a great job in creating pro-studio level plugins and fx for the linux world, personally I have not purchased anything from him except for the Pultec EQ (I buy things as I go along with my needs), and I can say the damn thing works amazingly well, and I think it's awesome to see someone like him with his knowledge and who charges for his products to help someone like sapista with his free version of a parametric EQ, and I'm sure sapista is thankful also.

thorgal
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
My two cents:

Been away for far too long from the (amateur) music prod. My home studio is gathering a bit of dust and I had to move it to our living-dining-room ... my young kids are playing with my cables and gear buttons and they have ALL (or most of) my time. But I still keep an eye on the open-source evolution in audio s/w, still keep the flame burning for creating my own music with my platform of choice (linux) and in this, linuxdsp has become a MUST for DAW work under linux, by the sheer quality of his plugins.

And in case you don't know it, linuxdsp means

Linux Damn' Sweet Plugins

and if I can help advertise his biz by praising his products on this or that forum, I just do it.

Boesmann
Boesmann's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
@paul: Yes, all clear. It is, of course, your definition of 'tastefully' (and not mine) that is relevant for this forum.

I was not commenting on the quality of the linuxdsplugins either (seeing that I have also bought some of them). I was just seriously annoyed by this post here: http://ardour.org/node/5708#comment-31085

on topic:
Compiled eq10q under debian/wheezy with Ardour 2.8.14 and so far everything is working just fine. Great plugin, thanks!

linuxdsp
linuxdsp's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 days 7 hours ago. Offline
@Boesmann: The post you seem to be refering to was not an attempt to promote my software and I don't understand how it could be perceived as such. It was a question directed to Ben because he appeared to be proposing a change to the current Mixbus / plugin distribution model, which would directly affect (the commercial value of) an agreement I already have with Harrison, and I was surprised to see an announcement in a / this thread on a public forum without there being some formal terms and conditions / SDK etc in place which would apply to all developers wishing to have their software included with Mixbus (before such an announcement was made).

Smurf
Smurf's picture
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
That post was justified IMHO only because of the way the "calling all DSP developers" post was made, and if I had a contract with said company I also would have been taken aback by it.

Also, I don't see linuxDSP "spamming" thru-out the forum (you want to see what that really is, hit the Reaper forum and look for all the IK pot shots), it seemed like an honest comparison for 2 reasons...

1. They both are the only 2 graphical EQ's that work in a similar way in the Linux world AFAIK

2. The sound of the linuxDSP Black EQ, which I have heard, justify's the comparison to help make the EQ10Q the best it can be.

I, for one, applauded the effort to help out!

xzu
xzu's picture
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
@sapista:

I've got exactly the same problem than the others, for the GUI with Mixbus 2.2( grid scale problem).

Please let us know when a new version is ready!

Good job!

xzu
xzu's picture
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
With Ardour 3.0.0~svn13975:
- EQ10Q open correctly the first time only. After closing the window, it did the same "gui-bug" as with mixbus.

Another strange things about the presets save (not the "save to file"):
-can't save "Q" parameter. It always go to defaut (2)(also with load from file)
-When I load a preset and modify it, if I want to save the new 'version', it don't realy do it. Some value are changed.